Aug 26, 2009

I CAN'T WAIT


(I am taking a break from showing kids, dorm rooms, apartments, first days of school........
I need a break! Of course, #2's dorm room can't be left out. It will just have to wait a day of two!!)


Back at the beginning of the summer I ordered a piece of furniture for our den. The place I ordered it from makes custom pieces out of antique and reclaimed wood. Our den has a big wall that has always given me problems. I have never really been satisfied with it how it looked. I have tried putting pictures on it, furniture up against it, but the wall is so big everything looks too small. 






I ordered a piece that is just like this, but in a different color.



(pictures from my phone)




I cannot wait to get it. I am expecting a phone call any day now. 
I know it will definitely fill the wall up, and I am a little nervous about the initial shock of it.
I am not sure what to put on the shelves, we already have a full wall of shelves and cabinets around the fireplace. I think I might have to keep it simple and go for a library type look and put a lot of books on it and maybe some pictures. I am really looking forward to the storage underneath. I plan on putting off season platters and bowls there. (I have way too many dishes and am a sucker for platters. ) It will be nice to really feel like I can check that room off my To Do List. Of course there is always another one ready to take its place. 





7416

6 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Can't wait to see what you do with it. Looks like a great piece of furniture.

southerninspiration said...

Oh, that's going to be great....so what color did you go with???? I just know you're going to love it!

suzanne

Joyce said...

That's going to be terrific! I have a bit of a dish fetish myself. It will be fun to see your pictures.

preppyplayer said...

I think platters are awesome and pics of your beautiful girls will be perfect!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love dishes too and I never have enough storage space for them. That piece of furniture is beautiful and will look awesome on that wall. I know you are excited to get it. Love & blessings from NC!

Linda said...

It's gorgeous! I can't wait to see it up against that beautiful brown wall!

The extra storage space will be great!