Aug 4, 2009

BOOK WORM




Sweet little #3 is a book worm!
She always has a book in her hands. She takes a book with her everywhere she goes.
Today I asked her to go and get all of the books that she has read just this summer and this is what she brought downstairs. 




There are four books missing from the pile. She couldn't get them in her sister's room because the painter was blocking the doorway.
 I also bought her two books today and she is already half way finished with the first one, so by the time she goes back to school, she will be adding several more books to the stack. 




****************************

Tomorrow all five of us are going to Charleston. 
The Man of the House has to go for business and we are all tagging along. I thought it would be nice for all of us to spend some time together before the older ones head off to school.  I have been to Charleston many times, but I have never been unless it has been for a soccer tournament. It is going to be really nice not having to go sit on the side of a soccer field this trip. I bet it is going to be really humid though!
 So much for the hair!

5 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

We were there in June and had an amazing time!! I LOVE Charleston!! Hopefully the weather won't be unbearable. Have an amazing trip. I am jealous!! Love & blessings from NC!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Very impressed with #3!! Quite the pile my 15 yr. is still on one book for the summer! Damn I suck as a Mom too much Face book for her and not enough reading. Have a fun trip.

Joyce said...

Have fun...such a beautiful city...hope the weather cooperates!

LPC said...

I was like this as a little girl. Leads to lots of big words later in life:). And there is no better preparation for college etc. Good for her.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Charleston is one of the hottest and BEST places ever. If you are like me, it doesn't really matter where you are, as long as you are all together. Have a great trip!

I was a reader as a young girl too! You should be proud. There are lots of positives to reading!!