Aug 12, 2015

Two More Days





I am still here. Hope you are too!

We have had a great summer, but as always it has come and gone too quickly. I can't wait to get into a regular routine and share it.  This also has been  a summer full of bittersweetness.  I've been taking a lot of slow deep breathes, swallowing hard and tossing and turning at night.

My house looks and feels like a bomb has gone off inside it. Closets are being emptied and every suitcase we own is loaded down. The dogs know something big is going on, especially sensitive little Lola. She must think we are leaving her and Charlie forever.

I am praying that I do not have to make another Target run to buy another plastic bin or drawer.

I 'd really be okay if this Friday never got here.

Just two more days we take Barrett to college.










See you next week!


4 comments:

Joyce said...

I hear you on the routine. What a topsy turvy summer we've had. Your house will feel differently, but you'll get used to a new normal. Be kind to yourself...it's an adjustment I know.

MCW said...

Wow! Enjoyed the last few days. She is going to rock college!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Hope all goes well at move in - hang in there momma!

Notes From ABroad said...

I have just discovered your blog and will enjoy catching up.
I also want a puppy exactly like your little one.

I had a very good friend when I was a kid in North Carolina, her name was Linda Odom :)