May 29, 2014

MEMORIAL DAY BEACH WEEKEND




We spent four days at the beach for Memorial Day weekend. 
The dogs, cat, Barrett and I left Raleigh Friday midmorning. 
Art left Raleigh mid afternoon.
Brittany and two of her friends left around 4:30 PM
(along with the rest of Raleigh that was headed to the beach).  

Because of soccer and my dad's surgery our spring weekends at the beach have been nonexistent.
It was so so SO good to get back there!



I spent Friday afternoon here….

on the back deck taking in the sun and sights of the canal.  
Our view of the canal is just about gone because of the palm trees. 
They are now blocking our view and need to grow a few feet taller so we can see the water from our rockers again. 

We also have a front porch that overlooks the street and other houses. 
I have four chairs out there and that is where I love to sit alone. 
I couldn't wait to hang my new "happy summer" flag and sit out there and unwind. 



Because of our schedule on Friday, we ordered pizza and sat out crackers and cheese
and everyone grazed and ate as theygot there. 




Meet Tucker.



He belongs to one of Brittany's friends and he came to spend the weekend with Lola and Charlie. 
They all got along so well and I loved having him there. 
I tried and tried to get that perfect picture of the three of them, but it was not going to happen.  
This is in our (little) backyard. 
Our neighbors have two dogs and this is the corner and section of the fence where they go to  meet up, gossip and argue. 



We had beautiful, humidity free weather all weekend
and
spent a lot of time on the beach. 











Barrett is reading the Game of Thrones series and I am so envious. 
I do not have her reading skills and interest.  
I would never start and book/series that long because it would take me forever to finish it. 
While I love reading, it makes me so sleepy. 
She can read and read and read………..







We put our hammock out by the canal, under the palms when we are there. 
Three pages of a book, the sound of the water and I am out…..







….like I said, it takes me forever to read a book. 



I planted all of my flower pots over Easter weekend. 
I was worried that they would be all dried up and dead since we haven't been able to be there, but they survived and looked pretty good. I guess there have been enough thunder storms and showers to keep them going.  

I have BIG plans for that pot of basil on the right, some garlic and shrimp! 




I have hydrangeas finally!
There are no deer to eat them there!



They are one of my favorite flowers. 
We planted them and landscaped this side of our house last year and I am loving it!



 I don't care that the calendar says that summer isn't quite here yet.
It is for us. 
Barrett's last day of school is tomorrow and we will be beach bound again tomorrow at 3:30. 


Happy summer!


4 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Love all the pics! You are doing great with blogging! I need to get better. Instagram has taken over my life....lol!
I love your little yard at the beach. It's so fun to take care of a small yard...so much more manageable! It looks great!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Looks like a great weekend and great weather too! I would have spent my time on that pretty deck too with a glass of wine nearby :-)

Pink in a sea of blue said...

Love your photos and hydrangea. I love them, too. My favorite is a white southern living "wedding" or "bride" one I have in my yard. Look for me at the 4th of July parade (spectating only!)at O.I. this year. We're going again with our friends. Would be fun to bump into you!

Pink in a sea of blue said...

Happy summer! Great photos. I love hydrangeas, too. My fav in my yard is a white Southern Living one. It's called "wedding" or "bride" I think. I forgot! If you go to O.I. over the 4th, look for us watching the parade. We'll be there again. :-)