Nov 8, 2010

21st BIRTHDAY


I have a major week ahead of me. I am on a mission to get finished with a couple of big cleaning and organization projects.  My plan is to have my garage loaded with Goodwill donations by the end of this week and my closet, bathroom, laundry room and living room to feel and look like a model home. You know who is out of town this week.....again..... in balmy Palm Springs and it is just me and my animals all day long working our little tails off while #3 is at school. 

On Thursday the contractors will be here to install the office cabinets upstairs. The sheet rock has all been replaced and the room has been painted. I am very excited to get everything in and in place. Right now there are boxes from the office stacked up in the TV room and I cannot wait to not have to see that mess every time I go upstairs. On Friday, the carpet is getting cleaned upstairs and while that is being done I figure I would unpack the office stuff and get that all organized. I want so badly to pull all of that carpet up and install hardwoods and just do big rugs in all of the rooms. That might be a project for the spring. 

So that is my week ahead and for some strange reason I am too excited about all of this cleaning and organization I will be doing!

We had a great weekend!

It was #1's twenty-first birthday!

Her roommates threw her a party in Chapel Hill on Friday and then she and #2 came home on Saturday.
It was so nice to have everyone here at once.

Here are some pictures of her celebration:



#1 and BF1 (boyfriend 1)
He has been hanging around our house for over fours years now. 






This champagne was given to me in the hospital after
 #1 was born. I kept it all of these years just for this very picture!!

"It's a Girl!"















 No birthday would be complete without looking back at old picture albums. 
This is #1 and her great grandmother, "Granny". 



This is our "You Are Special Today" plate. 
Someone gave it to us as a wedding gift and I love it more today than I did back then. 
We use for any and every special family day and celebration, not just birthdays. 




I cannot believe my little girl is twenty-one!

Happy Birthday Brittany!



6 comments:

Joyce said...

Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter!

Carrie B said...

She's darling (BF1 is cute too)! Happy Birthday to her!
My daughter is counting the days until her 21st (Feb.15.) I will then have two old enough to drink legally. Yikes. How is it they keep getting older and I stay the same? Ha

Formerly known as Frau said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your #1 daughter! Such beautiful daughters you have. I hope she had a wonderful celebration!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter. I have a 21 year old as well. You have been a busy gal with all your projects. I know will love your new office. Love & blessings from NC!

Pink in a sea of blue said...

I love that plate... You are getting me motivated to continue my Goodwill gathering! Your daughters are so pretty! Happy B-day to #1.

MCW said...

21 was a great birthday :) Hope she had fun!