Oct 30, 2010

SPIRIT WEEK



It was homecoming week at #3's school. Every day there was a different dress up theme. Monday was Neon Day and Tuesday was Camo Day. 

My two favorites were Fashion Disaster Day on Wednesday.....






(she slept in sponge curlers)








...... and Animal Planet Day on Thursday.






Friday was School Spirit Day which ended up being the hardest day for us because we don't have a lot of royal blue and gold around the house. 


*******************************

I had a little flashback last night when I realized what the date was. October 29, 2009 was not a good one. It was the day that I found out that my mom's breast cancer had metastasized and was in her brain and she had to begin emergency radiation that day. The Man of the House was out of town (just like he has been this week), all the way on the west coast and I sat in the emergency room until 2AM across from this.....




Even with two broken bones in her arm, she still was able to smile at me and cheer me up. She is such a sweetheart whether she is in a soccer uniform or dressed as a penguin!

1 comment:

Formerly known as Frau said...

She looks awesome! Wow amazing how fast a year as flown by. I hope you are doing well. ((Hugs))