Jun 2, 2010

AT THIS MOMENT



There is not much going on this week.
 We are trying to establish our summer schedule
and get into a productive routine. 
So far the productivity had been very low!

#3 has her award ceremony at school of Friday morning
and after that she officially finished. 
She gets an extra week of summer
because she was exempt from all of her exams and they are all this week at school.

Last week she had soccer tryouts every afternoon and all weekend long we 
jumped every time the phone rang.
She finally got her phone call on Sunday and 
we found out she was placed on a team and was also moved up another level. 
She was so excited and we were so proud. 
Only two of her other teammates were moved up, so it was a big deal.




  • There are three TVs on in our house tuned to the Stanley Cup finals. The Man of the House cannot walk into a room without turning on a television even if he is only in a room for a minute or two. When he leaves the room he leaves them on. 
  • There is a load of clothes in dryer. I will "fluff"  and fold them tomorrow.
  • My bed and the area underneath is the cleanest it will be in a long long time. We had new mattresses delivered today and when the delivery men took our old mattresses out, I vacuumed and wiped the areas where the sun doesn't ever shine. On top is a new mattress pad and freshly laundered sheets. YUM!
  • The desk in the office is piled high with unused school supplies that were brought home by #3 on Friday. I recall spending over $250 and making several trips to different office supply stores back in August just to find everything required on the list. I would bet only half of it was used, the rest was sent home.  Now someone has the task of sorting and getting it all put away for the summer.
  • #3 is sitting in a chair downstairs reading. She has been on summer break for five days and has read two (big) books already. I told her she is not allowed to read tomorrow until the sun goes down and that she will get some sort of physical exercise. With intense soccer tryouts last week, we were letting her take a couple of weeks off, but I cannot stand to see her sit around all day.
  • There are brand new cushions on my front porch furniture and that makes me happy!
  • Charlie is going from one air conditioning vent to another trying to decide which one will cool him off the quickest. 
  • Lola is asleep on her back with all four legs in the air. 
  • There are several pairs of clean underwear on the floor downstairs. Someone left their underwear drawer opened and two naughty puppies had a field day with them. I hope nobody is expecting company tonight!
  • We have had thunderstorms everyday since Sunday and have barely seen the sun. It is so humid here tonight that there is condensation on some of the windows. 
Tomorrow is another day! 
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

5 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

It was so humid here today, I felt wet being outside. And we got a pretty good rain too. Hopefully that will cool things down a bit. Sounds like things are busy at your house, even with summer vacation in full swing. Hopefully things will settle down soon for everybody. At least you will be sleeping well on your new mattress. Take care. Love & blessings from NC!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sounds like your home is alive and well....love summer don't you! Never dull moment and constant activity....and new mattress only thing missing is ice cream!

Joyce said...

I can kind of understand the Stanley Cup excitement...I'm a big Flyers fan. I grew up in a suburb of Phila. where many of the Flyers have always lived. We see Bobby Clarke at our regular breakfast spot every time we're there. I think he must have breakfast out every day. And I spent four years of high school homeroom sitting next to J.P. Shero whose dad Fred coached the Flyers back in the 70's. They won the Stanley Cup twice when he was the coach. Did you want to know all of this? : )

Sounds like your puppies are keeping you entertained!

Linda said...

Wow, so much to comment on but the condensation on the windows threw me off! I just can't imagine that kind of humidity. First of all, what would that do to a person's hair. I'd never go out in public, I'd be one big frizz ball!

Congrats to #3! You're one proud momma! I hear ya on the school supply issue. I remember the day all to well.

Your doggies sure are keeping things active in your house aren't they!? But they're sooo cute!

You got new cushions on the front porch...yay!! I know you've been wanting new ones for awhile now. How fun!

MCW said...

I swear I can just picture you all around your house. I am just like #3 and would read all day if I could!!!