Oct 31, 2009

BROKEN IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE







This blog could take a turn and become a
"Whoa is me" blog.
But I won't let that happen.
I have never been one to sit idle for long and let all of the bad take over.
I do have my moments though.

This week ranks right up there as being one of the worst.
Faith, my friends, it has become about good old fashion faith.
Thank goodness for my Bible Study and the series we are studying right now.
I was reminded this week that now matter how many things are crumbling around you,
there is always one constant and THAT constant is all you need anyways.
God isn't gonna change, ever, never.
So now that everything is spinning out of control, I'm concentrating on what is not.

Okay, so now here comes the "Whoa is me" part.....

Wednesday:
  • Man of the House left to go out of town. He had to drive to Charlotte for an over night trip. My mom saw an ENT, who ran several test and saw a mass in her throat.
Thursday:
  • My mom saw the surgeon who did a biopsy last Friday. I got a phone call around 4:30 saying the results were not good
  • 5:00 - the Man of the House arrived home just in time to pack a bag, hug me and head out to the airport. He had a court date in Miami early Friday morning.
  • 6:00 - me and #3 headed out for soccer practice. It was my week to drive carpool.
  • 7:15 - #3 was doing awesome at practice, really taking some awesome shots, good hard ones. She also was really being aggressive. I noticed her holding her wrist and doubling over. She continues to play but doubles over holding her wrist occasionally. She continues to play with tears in her eyes. I was not overly concerned, this level of soccer is pretty tough, she is pretty tough and I am a tough mom. I've pretty much seen my kids in some bad situations.... ambulances, heat stroke, broken bones, concussions, lips and cheeks mangled in braces.... just to name a few.
  • 7:30 - Practice is over, coach and I talk about the possibility of a sprained wrist. I get in my big ol' SUV full of sweaty, stinky girls and #3 lets loose all of the tears she held in while on the soccer field. We drop off all the girls and get a dad to take a look at the wrist. He raises his eyebrows and gives me a nod - no word - just a nod.
  • 8:00 - Emergency room - sitting among all of the H1N1 and flu victims - x-rays - a room of our own - the smell of vomit everywhere - hours of waiting and alas the verdict..... TWO broken bones in the wrist
  • 12:00 Home finally!
  • 1:00AM #3 gets to bed
In the waiting room....
Finally in our own little private room.....we watched Food Network and salivated because we were both starving!


All splinted up. I take her to the orthopedist on Monday for the real official cast.

She had to take shower when we got home after midnight because there was no way I was going to let her sleep with me all stinky and soured!
That too was an ordeal, because we were both so tired and uncoordinated. It took us forever to get her arm all wrapped just right and by then it was really hurting.

Friday
was loaded with much of the same....
phone calls, bad news, tears, traffic, lots of Advil for #3, and a soccer game that was across town during rush hour.
#3 didn't play of course, but still needed to go.
The good news is that The Man of the House got home, I got to actually sit down, have a glass of wine, put my feet up, take a few deep breaths and feel normal!

Normal......it is good thing!


Keep on praying friends!






13711

10 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

I stopped mid sentence and prayed first for your mom, then for #3, and then for YOU. Hold it together. His mercies are new every morning. I know you believe it, but sometimes a little reminder from a blog friend is nice.

southerninspiration said...

Oh wow, what a week. I will pray for your mom, too. I am sorry you had such a hard week, but I can see the lessons of God are being worked in you....keep the faith!

Suzanne

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) said...

Normal is a VERY good thing!

Sandra said...

Praying for you and yours. xoxo

Carrie B said...

Wow! What a week. And yet, you got through it. Cuz you're a Mom and Mom's do what they gotta do. Praying for you and your Mom and for #3 (it's cool having a cast, though)

Just sayin'

Unknown said...

The week's over!!
I have to say you have one tough girl. Two broken bones and not coming off the field. What a champ!
Hope the new week is better. Still thinking of your Mom and hoping for some sort of good news. Hang in there.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Lisa, here's hoping that next week will be better for you. I am praying for you, #3 and your Mom. So sorry about your daughter's accident. She is one tough gal. Will your Mother be having surgery? Keep us posted on her. I have always loved the saying...God will never give you more than he thinks you can handle! Be strong, Lisa, God is with you every step of the way. Love and blessings from NC!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Wow you deserved a bottle of wine after that week! Sorry about your Mom..sending prayers your way. Poor #3 that sucks I hope it's not her writing hand.
Hope next week goes better. Hang in there!

Linda said...

I'm so sorry! Sometimes life just seems like too much to bare doesn't it!?! Luckily, God is in control and he has control over all of it. He will carry you through it, guaranteed!

Take care and have a relaxing, stress-free Sunday!

preppyplayer said...

Whew! It never ends right?
Poor girl, at least it's towrds the end of the fall season. Hope Mom is good and that life calms down for you :)