Jul 15, 2009

WANTED

PRINCESS #3
AKA: Sweet Little Munchkin, Burrito, Bear-Bear, and Little Bear



We haven't had too much going on since getting back from the beach.

 #3 is at camp this week.
 We pick her up of Friday. She is growing up so fast and has changed so much just this summer. Last summer she was more interested in how many stuffed animals she could squeeze into her duffle bag. Not this year.  The night before going to camp she had a list of things she wanted to do. 
  1. get mom to paint fingernails and toenails (navy blue)
  2. try on several outfits to find just the right one to make that first impression (How different do the navy shorts look compared to the khaki shorts?)
  3. remind mom, "While I am gone...",  to go see if that Lilly dress I really want is on sale yet (she reminded me several times)
The Man of the House  had to do a double take to make sure it was really Princess #3 in the backseat rattling off  this very "teenagerish" list. I think I saw a tear in his eye when he realized that it was. #1 was with us and actually did a Tiger Wood's style fist pump in celebration of #3 moving over to  the dark side. 

We did the routine things when we dropped her off on Sunday like make her bed, unpack her clothes and introduce ourselves to her counselors. When it was time for us to say good-bye, she gave us a quick hug and I think she said "love you" as she took off towards her cabin. Guess she was missing something that was going on inside..... she definitely wasn't worried about missing us. 

Times have changed. Where is that sweet little munchkin? Please tell her I miss her. 

-------------------------

Summer is going too quickly. I am not enjoying it.
 I wake up everyday with this countdown and long list in my head. How many days left until I have to face reality? I don't want to know. Last week we shopped (waisted) everyday for dorm and apartment stuff. I had to put a stop to that continuous school shopping. I don't want to spend everyday of the rest of the summer break preparing for #1 and #2 to go off to college. I guess there is something to be said about waiting until the last minute to do things. I'm gonna give that method a try this time. 




5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the part about you shopping for school and apartment stuff. When my daughter moved into the dorm we had two cars full of stuff. Everything was the right color and we had lots of things to decorate. Same when she moved into an apartment the next year. A uhaul was necessary for all the stuff.
My son has been so much easier. We've bought towels. That's it. I keep trying to see if he wants anything else. Nope! New shower curtain...no the room comes with one. (gross) Sheets....maybe later...anything for his room...nope he will just make a run to Target once he moves in if he needs anything. SO MUCH EASIER! Not to mention cheaper. ha

Girls seem to turn into teenagers overnight. One day they are playing with toys and the next they want manicures and to hit the mall for clothes. Sad isn't it!

Formerly known as Frau said...

It's sad when the pre teens turn the corner and become full on teens. I know what you mean summer is flying by. Enjoy every minute you are going to have a quite house come fall!!

Sandra said...

OH, honey, I remember it well. Yes, it is sad and we miss "them", but this is the road to their becoming our best friends once we get them through the teen | college years!! xoxo

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Just stopping by to say Hi....have been out of town and not been able to visit some of my favorite blogs.
Hope you are having a great summer.

Joyce said...

I do know how you feel...my girls stayed in their uni town for the summer since we didn't know our move itinerary. I'm going to see them next week and I cannot wait. Not having either of them home for an entire summer stinks!