The older girls came home from school for my birthday on Saturday . We went to our family favorite sushi restaurant, Mura. We are getting pretty predictable when it comes to that being where everyone wants to go for their birthday. We just love it! Afterwards, we went home. #1 brought home cupcakes from Sugarland Bakery, a well know cupcake bakery in Chapel Hill.
They were delicious. There were six different flavors, so we all took a bite of a cupcake and passed them around because everyone wanted a taste of them all. I think my favorite was the cafe con leche. I think we have established another new family favorite and tradition.
I had a couple of gifts to open..... the girls went shopping again! I now have a new purse for the summer, a big round watch and a spa gift certificate that I can't wait to use. (I went and had a facial a couple of weeks ago and walked out looking like I was a teenager. I will explain one day soon.)
Afterwards we watched The Blind Side. None of us went to the theater to see it when it was there and we were really looking forward to it. I really enjoyed it and thought it was one of the better movies that I had seen in a long time.
Since it was my 46th (UGGG) birthday, I thought I would try to come up with 46 things about myself I have never mentioned..... or at least try to come up with 46 things I don't think I have mentioned that often.
- I love to read but it takes me forever to read a book because I fall asleep whenever I do. I usually get three or four pages in before I my eyes get heavy.
- I was Miss Trooper Bowl/Miss Pop Warner way back when.
- I was a cheerleader for ten years
- I am pretty sure I am addicted to chewing gum and I am trying to break the habit.
- I am a posture snob - hate bad posture on anybody and am very irritated by it and do not understand why someone wouldn't work to improve it.
- I went on a cruise on my honeymoon...... the man of the house went with me.
- I will spend all day building a sandcastle.... it is therapy.
- The first concert I ever went to see was Loverboy.
- The best concert I ever went to was either Kenny Chesney or the Black Eyed Peas.
- I do not have a favorite color, but I do not like yellow.
- My favorite "flavor/taste" is vinegar.
- My favorite flowers are zinnias. They are complex and simple at the same time.
- Once while I was teaching, I had to take my turn at driving a school bus and I was so afraid, I cried the whole time.
- Snakes give me the willies.
- One of my good friends in middle school died when he fell off a cliff.
- I have a torn rotator cuff.
- My mom was my best friend and I am feeling a little friendless right now.
- I loved Princess Diana. I still love reading about her.
- My favorite song is Boston's More Than a Feeling. I have no idea why.
- I like and listen to all kinds of music except twangy stuff.
- I like football.
- I was on the homecoming court every year in high school.....
- I was the prom queen my senior year.
- I try to not pay full price for things......
- except at the grocery store, I do not look for sales or use coupons.....
- and except for shoes..... gonna buy them if I like them.
- I have a very hard time remembering names.
- There is a beach house in my future.
- I have a keen sense of smell and
- I won't fry things in my house because I smell it for days. (Who fries things these days anyways? On Christmas morning the man of the house cooks sausage and biscuits and he uses a fry pan outside or in the garage.)
- I love to play practical jokes on my family.
- I once rode in the co pilot seat of my uncles tiny plane. I looked out of the window (while we were in the air) and saw that the wing was ducted taped. When I asked my uncle about it he just casually replied that he thought we'd be okay and it was on his "to do" list. I also rode in his plane that Howard Hughes once owned fully equipped and loaded. I preferred the one with the leather seats.
- I can still do the splits.
- I dated the same boy all through high school and for two years in college. I wish I could have some of those years back. I feel like I missed out on a lot.
- My favorite time of day is dusk during the summer. I love to sit and just listen.
- We are in church limbo right now.
- I stop to rescue turtles in the road.
- I wish I had a craft room. I'd have a project going on continuously if I didn't have to pull things out and put things away all of the time.
- I do not leave the house without make up on. I even put a little powder, concealer and blush on when I work in the yard and go to the gym.
- If I didn't have plantar fasciitis , heel spurs and arthritis in one of my toes, I would probably wear heals most days just because I could.
- I love learning about other cultures.
- I drive a SUV.
- I love thunder storms.
- Pickles were my favorite snack when I was little. I still love them and would eat them all of the time if I wasn't so paranoid about the garlic smell.
- I do not like to wear dresses. I feel awkward in them.
- I love yoga.
Okay, now that I have totally ruined my image, I will go. I have shoes to buy, gum to chew and names to remember!