Oct 7, 2009

DUMPLINGS









I love fall food and I love when the weather cools off outside and the produce department starts looking like fall and the upcoming holiday season. I use a lot of apples in things when I am in the kitchen. I bake them, saute them, use them in salads and slice them up for dips and caramel sauce. I am not patient when it comes to peeling and coring them by hand. One of my favorite things to bring out in the fall is this "apple contraption" that I have. It peels, cores and slices with just a few turns of a handle. It is so much fun to use and it makes things so simple and fast.


Here, I have an apple all lined up and ready to go.







When you are finished, you are left with a beautiful stack of apple rings!


Here, I am using the slices to make apple dumplings.
These are so easy to make and are a great thing to take tailgating or to a cookout.
The house smells so wonderful while they are baking.



I bundle up apple pieces and cinnamon in crescent roll dough.


I line them up in a baking dish (seam sides down) that I sprayed with Pam and...

melt together and bring to a boil:
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup regular sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 of honey
(stir while it cooks for a few minutes - you may need to turn the heat down a little bit)

Pour this over the dumplings.
Sprinkle with pecans.
Then bake at 350' for 30 minutes.



YUM!!

8 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Is it Pampered Chef?

Joyce said...

Oh my. With the kids off at school it is hard for me to justify baking a pan of apple dumplings...but I might try!

MCW said...

I may have to make these...

Formerly known as Frau said...

I can do that! Sounds so easy and surely low fat..? Thanks for the recipe!

Carrie B said...

OH. My. Gosh. I can actually smell these!
I'm going to make them.

Slices of Beauty... said...

Love this, yummy!
Thanks for sharing.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Hi Lisa please check out my blog I have something there for you. Have a wonderful weekend.

Basement Bags Girl said...

Think I can smell it too...definitely has my mouth watering! Thanks for sharing.