Oct 23, 2009

BACK FROM DISNEY






We got back from Disney World on Wednesday.
The Man of the House had a conference there.
I didn't realize it had been so long since our last visit, but #3 was four and she is now 12.

This was the first time I had been to Disney and didn't have a stroller to push around.
Let me just say, that it is a "whole new world" (pun intended) without a stroller and with only one child with you.

We had a great time!
#3 had never been anywhere with just us. This was the first time it was all about her and whatever she wanted.
We spoiled her, or at least tried to.
She at one point asked to stop asking her what she wanted or wanted to do.



This was our view from our room every morning.
We stayed at the Contemporary which is on the lake by Magic Kingdom.
I loved watching the fog over the lake as the sun came up.



This was the first time #3 went to Epcot.


In Animal Kingdom, there were a lot of unusual costumes and characters literally coming out of the woods. This was a girl dressed like a tree and she would walk in a way that looked like she was almost floating. I wish I could describe it better.
These boys were mesmerized by her and were really trying to figure her out.
They got so close to her once and when she turned to look at them and moved it scared them to death! I think they might have needed to change their clothes after she scared them.







Gorilla Drama

So these two guys were having some kind of issue with each other.
The one in the back was really ticked off with the other one.
The one in the front was pouting about something. Everytime
he would turn to look at the other one, the one against the wall would fold his arms in front of him and just glare and roll his eyes.
They reminded me of a bunch of girls!




This is the roller coaster in Animal Kingdom that I didn't ride.


#3 and her dad did and couldn't wait to get in line the second time.
They are in the fourth car from the left.
#3 was waving to me.




My feet hurt just looking at these shoes!



I hate any ride that drops.
Drops send me into a little panic.
I was terrified of the Tower of Terror.
I did it though!

That is the three of us on the back right side.
I buried myself under the Man of the House and didn't open my eyes the entire time.




I haven't been reading a lot of blogs the past couple of weeks.
Now that I am back, I cannot wait to catch up and see what everyone is up to.
It is good to get away from things, especially when Mickey is involved, but there is no place like home!

See you real soon!





13343

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Looks like so much fun...Epcot is my favorite. We haven't been in several years. Actually the last time I was there I was chaperoning a group of middle schoolers and it put me off Disney for a bit...it was a challenging group to say the least : ) We were just saying the other day that we'd love to get back there now.

My youngest is home for a couple of days and I think she is wishing her sister were with her... the dad and I are alot for her to take on her own : )

rachel... said...

Looks like tons of fun! I've actually never had a desire to take the kids to Disney, but it seems like going with older kids would be a lot more fun!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I have not been to Disney in 16 years. We went when our youngest was 4 and I pushed her around in an umbrella stroller so much that week, that the wheels finally wore out. LOL!!! We covered some ground that week. The family I work for left for Disney today, so I am off next week. I am looking forward to getting some much needed projects done around the house. Glad you all had such a wonderful time. Isn't it fun just being with the one daughter? I love both my girls so much, but love being with each of them separately, sometimes. Have a great weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

dee said...

We love the Contemporary! And I don't do the roller coaster at Animal Kingdom either! Sounds like such a fun time.

Jill said...

I have only been to Disney once, and it was for a work event after hours when they opened the park just for our large group. It was pouring rain. I'm not a "ride" fan and did succumb to the Tower of Terror and in the photo they snap I have my hands up around my throat and my mouth wide open (VERY UNATTRACTIVE)looking like I am about to die. And that's exactly how I felt. LOL about the gorillas. Girls, indeed. ha!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I love Disney, but I .Don't.Do.Rides. I dread the day when EC wants Nonny to ride with her. You know I'll have to but........

Fun that you got to go with #3 alone. She will always remember that trip. How special!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!!!