Jun 26, 2009

MASTER BEDROOM AND A HICKEY




This week Kelly is doing master bedrooms on  "Show Us Where You Live Friday".
Haven't participated in a few weeks because of graduation and especially because NOONE sees
my laundry room. That is a house rule! Honestly, it is the dump site of our house. 
One of these years I will get control of it.


Here is what you see when you walk into our bedroom. Our master is on the first floor, which I like. What I do not like is that it is right by the side entrance to the house, where you come in from the garage. Off of our kitchen is a little hallway that has the garage door, laundry room door and the master door. When the princesses come in late, they come right into our room to check in. That's a good thing. The bad thing is, if anyone is with them, they come in too! 
Yep, so the Man of the House and I can be laying in the bed, watching TV,  waiting up for the princesses on any given Friday night and before you know it, we have an audience of teenagers standing at the foot of our bed reminiscing and gossiping about their night. 


(the door leads into our bathroom)





(looking back towards the door that leads to the kitchen and garage)




POOR #3

She was eating a cup of yogurt while watching TV the other day and got too caught up in what was on and wasn't really thinking about what she was doing. 
After the yogurt was gone she started playing around with the cup. She put it over her mouth and sucked all of the air out of it
over and over and over.
 
Now she is sporting a pretty little chin hickey. 

She wasn't happy at all that I took pictures so I know she is really going to be unhappy that I am posting them, but I think it is so funny. 
One day, she too will think it is funny!!
(I hope!)

(Go away mom!!)



Can you tell that her whole chin is purple?







She kept asking me if it was noticeable. I reassured her that noone would notice it at all. 
The Man of the House got home from DC last night. He is the man that asks if I got my haircut about 2 weeks afterwards. So it is safe to say that he isn't very observant.
The first thing he said to her was, 
"What is all over your face?"
oops!





7 comments:

southerninspiration said...

I'm sorry to laugh but that is so funny, and funny that you put the hickey in with your bedroom post! :0

suzanne :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sorry for #3, poor girl ! Love your bedroom!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

haha... I think every kid has done that at least once. Now, for a more serious matter, I'm moving in. LOVE the room!

Heather said...

Bless your girls heart!! I love your bedroom, your bedding is gorgeous!! I love the colors, you have done a great job!

Emmett said...

What an awesome bed!

Alaska Girl said...

I love your bedroom! This is the first time I have visited your blog, but when I saw that you are a scrapbook supply collector, I had to comment because I thought I was the only one! I also have three children - one in college, one in highschool and one just starting jr. high. Sigh. They grow up too fast.

My sister did the same thing #3 did with a plastic cup when she was little. I learned from her and didn't try it....=)

L in Alaska

Family American Style. said...

That is really funny and what a great bedroom.