Jun 5, 2009

THE BEGINNING & END


I can't believe that this school year is over. I am not sure where all of the time went. I can look back and remember each season, football game, field-trip, teacher workday, choir performance but it is hard to believe that it is all behind us now. I love summer and count down the days until it gets here. This year is bitter sweet. Another one graduates.  I like the slow pace of summer. I love family game night and movie night. I like a little time with nothing to do. This summer will be different, busier than ever. #1 is moving into an apartment when she goes back to school so  I am going to be busy looking for things for her. We have some furniture we are giving her and it is going to need to be painted. I have some things I want to make...pillows, lampshades, upholster a bulletin board and so on. Sounds like a whole lot of crafting to me!!  #2 will be in a dorm and somehow, I seem to make that a summer project as well. Things have to be just right, you know. If it's not cute, then I not satisfied :). She and her roommate are looking at comforters at Anthropology, but haven't made up their mind yet. They haven't graduated from highschool YET and I think I am behind. (Yep, that's me. I am not sure if I am a micro manager, worrier or just organized. I don't like to wait to the last minute (month) to do things. I like to plan, make lists and go for it. I even (don't hate me) started talking about Christmas lists yesterday.) 


I take a picture of the princesses on the first and last day of school. I even had #1 take a picture of herself on her first day of class and UNC, but I missed the last day. I guess I am going to have to let that tradition go. It is a little harder when they are in college! I love looking back and comparing the changes. 


August, 2008
 #3 on her first day of middle school
(11)


Middle School-pro
June 2009
(12)


#3's school had awards day yesterday. I am proud to say that she was one of the few that made the A Honor Roll. Her total average for the year was a 97.5. That's not bad, is it?
She also received the Sixth Grade Physical Education Award from the PE teacher. 
So I guess that means that she is smart AND can run fast! Ha!
(We are very proud. We take a lot of pride in our girls being very active and committed to a sport.)

*************************


Senior Girl!!
August, 2008
(17)



Last Day of School!
June 2009
(18)
(all the seniors wore their college shirts)




We have a few graduation parties to go to this weekend and then a lot of yard work planned. It has been rainy so the weeds are taking over the flower beds!! I also have some planting to do.....again.  The deer have treated my flower beds like a salad bar and I am furious....... more on that later.
 I am in the middle of a war!

3 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Great idea too late to start that tradition mines just ending 9th grade. Your girls really changed in a school years time especially your youngst. Sounds like you are in for a busy summer.

Unknown said...

They look so cute! Summers just are never the same once they graduate are they. (My son that just graduated came in at 5 this morning like he thinks that's ok)
Enjoy the next few weeks!

Rickrack and Pompoms said...

Oh I did the same thing for college girls house last year, crafted and crafted. It was great fun. One thing we did was spray paint a lot of frames white and filled them with black and white photos. Great way to fill a wall and of course I had to fill in some frames with family pictures. (of course you could take the easy route and buy them white, as I realized later, but I wanted certain sizes for it to look just right. She really didn't care.) Enjoy all the graduation activities.