There is not much going on this week.
We are trying to establish our summer schedule
and get into a productive routine.
So far the productivity had been very low!
#3 has her award ceremony at school of Friday morning
and after that she officially finished.
She gets an extra week of summer
because she was exempt from all of her exams and they are all this week at school.
Last week she had soccer tryouts every afternoon and all weekend long we
jumped every time the phone rang.
She finally got her phone call on Sunday and
we found out she was placed on a team and was also moved up another level.
She was so excited and we were so proud.
Only two of her other teammates were moved up, so it was a big deal.
- There are three TVs on in our house tuned to the Stanley Cup finals. The Man of the House cannot walk into a room without turning on a television even if he is only in a room for a minute or two. When he leaves the room he leaves them on.
- There is a load of clothes in dryer. I will "fluff" and fold them tomorrow.
- My bed and the area underneath is the cleanest it will be in a long long time. We had new mattresses delivered today and when the delivery men took our old mattresses out, I vacuumed and wiped the areas where the sun doesn't ever shine. On top is a new mattress pad and freshly laundered sheets. YUM!
- The desk in the office is piled high with unused school supplies that were brought home by #3 on Friday. I recall spending over $250 and making several trips to different office supply stores back in August just to find everything required on the list. I would bet only half of it was used, the rest was sent home. Now someone has the task of sorting and getting it all put away for the summer.
- #3 is sitting in a chair downstairs reading. She has been on summer break for five days and has read two (big) books already. I told her she is not allowed to read tomorrow until the sun goes down and that she will get some sort of physical exercise. With intense soccer tryouts last week, we were letting her take a couple of weeks off, but I cannot stand to see her sit around all day.
- There are brand new cushions on my front porch furniture and that makes me happy!
- Charlie is going from one air conditioning vent to another trying to decide which one will cool him off the quickest.
- Lola is asleep on her back with all four legs in the air.
- There are several pairs of clean underwear on the floor downstairs. Someone left their underwear drawer opened and two naughty puppies had a field day with them. I hope nobody is expecting company tonight!
- We have had thunderstorms everyday since Sunday and have barely seen the sun. It is so humid here tonight that there is condensation on some of the windows.
Tomorrow is another day!
We will rejoice and be glad in it.