I have been so busy and have been on the road a lot lately I have hardly checked my email, let alone post on my blog. I hope you guys are hanging in there and not giving up on me.
I am busy with my mom and just trying to get the holidays under control.
We put our Christmas tree up on Sunday morning before church.
I made all of the kids get up early and help out and no, they were not too happy about that.
Today, I turned the lights on and low and behold, the lights in the middle of the tree are not working.
It is a lovely sight.
(Sounds like a job for the Man of the House!)
Since I last posted just a week ago I:
- found out that I am too stressed and am clenching my jaw while I sleep. I have "upset" and inflamed some of my teeth. So now I have a night guard to wear at night. Imagine me, too stressed right now! HA! Hopefully they will heal and I won't have to have a root canal.
- went to help and be with my mom four times. It is only an hour and half away, but it sure does take a lot out of someone.
- stayed up half the night last week making casseroles to put in the freezer for #1 to take back to school with her and to take to my parent's house.
- went to Duke University Hospital three times with my parents. It is thirty minutes away from my house (thank goodness) and two hours away from my parent's house. I meet them there except for yesterday. My dad had an appointment yesterday so I drove an hour and a half to get my mom and then drove back to Duke (2 hours) and checked them into their hotel room and sat there until my dad got there and then drove back to my house.
- went shopping at 6AM on black Friday with the Man of the House and walked out of Sears the proud new owner of a new fridge, washer and dryer. When the Man of the House wants to go shopping, you go, no matter the time. I just made sure and got it in writing that it was NOT getting him off the hook as far as Christmas goes. I do not do appliances for Christmas! :)
- took #3 to the orthopedists to get her cast off. It was starting to smell so we were happy about that. She was so excited about getting to take a shower without a plastic bag over her arm. She stayed in there forever!
- started my Christmas shopping. I am usually done the first of December and spend the rest of the month doing "fun" holiday things. I am feeling a little panicky. I feel like I am behind and so unorganized. I am planning to spend the next few days catching up.
- went to the UNC - NC State football game. Our tailgating is over for the year. It is a rival game for our state and for our house. #1 is a UNC student and #2 is a State student.
Here are some pictures from Saturday.
#1's BF is a State student too.
He's been hanging around our house for over three years now.
This is not the best picture of all of us.
I tried to edit out the bags under my eyes, but I think I made them worse.
Me and my State girl.
We have been tailgating with the same group of friends for over five years.
Someone brought these pastries from a local french bakery and
they were still steaming when they put them out.
Our good friend Ron made shrimp and grits on his grill.
It was delicious too!
I can't wait until next season!
So other than all of that, there's not much going on!