We (he and I) are leaving for Napa on Wednesday and he evidently had nothing to do yesterday. Me? I lost count of the things I had to do.
Some of the things I did yesterday (afternoon):
- washed EVERBODY'S clothes, including college student's things she left at home for me to do
- put together school outfits, soccer practice uniforms, soccer game uniforms and PE clothes for #3 and laid them all out in an organized fashion on her bed including matching earrings and shoes
- planned meals and bought groceries for the days I will be gone
- made spaghetti sauce while making tonight's dinner to put in fridge to be eaten while I am gone
- marinated chicken and am planning to grill tomorrow morning to store in fridge..... see above
- made too many phone calls ironing out carpool details
- packed, unpacked after looking up weather forecast and repacked
- went to Petsmart to have ID tags made for two little cute puppies
- watered all of the plants
- had a pedicure
- went to a soccer game
- called out science questions and learned more than I ever wanted to know about the atmosphere
Some of the things he did yesterday:
- went to soccer game
- ate half of the spaghetti sauce that was supposed to be for the girls while we were gone
- stood in kitchen and watched a hockey game
- talked about packing
- laid on bed and watched poker
- decided to pack Tuesday night
- asked me around 11:30 PM if there was anything I needed him to do
- asked me around 11:45 PM if I was going to wash #3's soccer uniform before going to bed
I guess I will cut him some slack and give him bonus points for going to work yesterday. I had to stay home to wait for the lawnmower repairman. He was supposed to come between 8:00 and 1:00. He never showed and we have rescheduled him for next week. I wasted valuable time.
Before we ever go anywhere, my To Do list always is overwhelming. The man of the house has the ability to just not do things and not worry about the things he doesn't do. He can pack his little bit of clothes in fifteen minutes (after asking me if navy and khaki go together one more time), leave the house and know that everything has been taken care of. Me, I will need a vacation from all of the vacation prep!
Next stop..... Napa Valley!