May 19, 2015

Last Day




For the next few weeks it is all about Barrett around here. Her school really celebrates their seniors and it seems there is one event after another and of course, everything is post worthy.  I need to go ahead and rename this blog after her for awhile, maybe something like, "Odom Party for Barrett" or "Barrett's Party of Five".  In a few weeks we will be back to the same old things. 


Today was a day I never imagined would really ever get here. It was Barrett's last day of high school.  Last night, after we watched the Bachelorette, she kissed me good night and headed up to bed. I watched her go up the stairs one last time - her last school night. 

This morning she slept in a bit. She really didn't need to be at school for the reviews because she doesn't have to take exams.  She actually would have not even gone, but Art and I made her.  This morning I wrote my last school note!

 I would have worn my glasses and been a little neater if I knew I was going to post a picture of it! 




Here is a picture of her on her first day of kindergarten, and today, her last day of her senior year almost standing in the exact same spot. 













getting into the car






 It has been a very short school year.
Seems like I just took these pictures of the first day of her senior year.







I asked Barrett to take some pictures at school for me. I was thinking she would hang around and take pictures with her friends, but this is what I got instead...



the exact moment the bell rang!

















2 comments:

Lobster Meets Peach said...

Next Monday my youngest of three will be "graduating" from kindergarten. At times it seems like we will never make it to his senior year. ;) So thank you so much for reminding me that it will be over before I know it!

MCW said...

Maybe Brook could paint a pic from our wedding!