May 17, 2015

Senior Awards



The graduation countdown is on and this afternoon we attended one of our first ceremonies. Barrett's senior class had their Senior Awards and Baccalaureate Service. It was held in the high school gym at the school.  I wasn't sure how I was going to handle seeing her and everyone else in their cap and gowns for the first time, but I am happy to say that I, not once, became emotional. One ceremony down, three more to go. I hope I can continue my streak!

My dad came from out of town to go with us. Brittany and BF1  also went.  We missed Brooke (and Mr. E), she wasn't able to make it home from DC this weekend, but will be here for the graduation.   













The senior class has 126 seniors in it and 49 of them are "Lifers". Lifers are students who have been going to the school since kindergarten - basically all of their life. 
Barrett is one of them who was recognized with a special red cord. 








She was also recognized for several other things:
a silver cord for having logged more than 100 community service hours
and a gold cord for academic achievement.  




She also received a pin for becoming a CNA (certified nursing assistant) while in school.




She was selected by the coaches to receive the Senior Soccer Award for showing leadership on and off the field and acheivement in soccer. 



She was the senior that received the excellence in math award. 
(She did not get that from me!)

She also earned a ribbon for having a GPA higher than a 4.0.



After the ceremony, the school held a reception in the elementary gym.
They played the senior slide show which had 5 pictures of each of the seniors as babies, elementary students, middle schoolers and so on. 







Before we headed home, I took a few pictures of Barrett in front of her school.  
















I am so proud of her!

Next up: 
tomorrow we have the Spring Sports Award Ceremony. 



6 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

Congrats!! She is beautiful. We survived #2s graduation on Friday.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Can you believe it's your last at NRCA??? She is GORGEOUS Lisa...just like the other two! I know you are so proud of her!

MCW said...

Nice work keeping it together :) I am sure your last baby leaving for college is so hard!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

You should be proud - all wonderful accomplishments!

Joyce said...

Congratulations! I always get weepy when Pomp and Circumstance begins to play. I think you're entitled to a few happy tears : )

dee said...

Congratulations! Graduations are such special times.