Feb 4, 2015

Ten on Tuesday







1. Mr. Bubbles enjoys his sleep. 



2.  Barrett baked a cake for her friend's surprise birthday party. 
We didn't get to taste it here at home.
It WAS a pistachio cake with some kind of awesome frosting.



3. Can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that prom is just around the corner and it is time to start thinking about that prom dress. We've ordered two dresses online and unfortunately Barrett loves both of them.  She is having a difficult time making a decision.  






4. I moved my spice cabinet from above my cooktop to the lower cabinet beside it.  I bought some clear organizational bins and divided my spices up by category. 




As I was in the middle of doing this task, I turned around to get one of my bins and found this...





5. We drink a lot of hot tea in the Odom house. 
Mr. ManaTEA gets plenty of exercise. 




6. Barrett's high school soccer team plays indoor soccer in the winter to get ready for the spring season. Their games are on either Saturday or Monday at 10:00 PM! This is her getting ready to leave on Monday night. 
Do you know how hard it is to leave the house on an extremely cold Monday night to go play soccer? 






7. One of my favorite things to make for dinner in the winter is a chicken pie recipe that was in Brooke's Thanksgiving Cookbook from kindergarten.  
It seriously is the best recipe. 
I think it is the buttermilk that makes it so good.  
We've adapted it and experimented with the recipe by adding peas and carrots sometimes, by in the end the original  recipe never fails. 






8. I forgot to post this picture on Barrett's birthday post. 
I replaced her already picked out birthday outfit, that was hanging in her closet, with a new dress and  jewlery and this little note. 
I thought it was a great way to start her day.

She woke up to a brand new dress to wear to school on her birthday.  





9, Brittany (NICU nurse) is working tonight. She never texts us while she is at work, but tonight she did. 
Since she is a new nurse she is still experienceing new things. She was in the process of admitting  a baby that was delivered tonight at just 25 weeks gestation. I looked it up, this baby is the size of a dollar bill.  I am keeping Britt in my prayers tonight and especially keeping that baby and the parents in my prayers. 

10. I am sickened by the news tonight. 
Evilness.
I am ready for someone to stand up to it.
Why aren't we? 


7 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

That cake looks delicious. And, I am sure whichever dress she chooses she will look amazing in it. That happened Elie's senior prom. We ordered on, were not sure it would get here in time and might need alterations, so she chose another. She wore the first one, and then kept the other and wore it for a formal event during a company trip with her dad.
Will be praying for Britt and that precious baby!! That is the hard part about being an NICU nurse.

MCW said...

My cousin is a NICU nurse at Hopkins. Some of those babies are just so tiny it is absolutely amazing that they are able to survive. I used to love going to work with my cousin and holding the babes.

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

One of my friends is a head doctor of a nicu department and the stories she tells are heartbreaking. But, it is a miracle what can be achieved with these tiny babies!

Melanie said...

Enjoy reading your blog (i live in Raleigh as well!). Will be praying for your daughter as a new nurse and all that she will encounter. Takes a special heart to be a nurse, I am sure the family is grateful.
I so agree with your number 10....when will someone step up and why aren't we?

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Oh that poor baby! What a gorgeous cake, bet it tasted as good as it looked! Your spice rack is inspiring. Maybe I'll do some organizing. Then again, maybe I won't. Enjoy your Wednesday!

Joyce said...

From the snippets I love the hot pink. Your pot pie sounds delish. I make mine with cream of potato soup which is sometimes hard to fine. I'll have to give your recipe a try. Modern medicine is an amazing thing! And nurses are special : )

I'm totally with you on your thoughts about standing up to evil in this world. I don't think the current leader of our country is brave in the way we need to be brave.

Love Being A Nonny said...

1. I make a chicken pie almost like that! It is an old recipe from the 80's and uses Bisquick!
2. LOVE that cake!!!
3. Our oldest set of grand twins were in the NICU at Duke when they were born! Amazing how small and yet how tough they are! Thank her for me for all she does!!
4.I mentioned you today on my blog as one of my favorite bloggers!