Jan 15, 2012

M.I.A.


Well, 
I am MIA again.

I have been trying to change my header for  several weeks
and post our wonderful Christmas and New Year's pictures BUT,
I keep getting this lovely message....

Image


We're sorry, but you have exceeded your photo upload quota. For more information, check out this Blogger help page.


I have visited the Blogger help page too many times to count and as soon as I click on the link
I am sent to a Picasa page that informs me that I have succeeded in
completely filling my Picasa storage limit and that I cannot do anything 
until I buy more storage space.  

I am just too busy/impatient to investigate any further. 
I see no other way around this, but to "buy" storage space on Picasa. 

Have any of you had to deal with this?
I am not the most tech savvy person,
I am self taught, but do pretty well.
This has me confused though and I would love any advice.
Please email me. 

Of course one of my New Year's resolutions was to blog more....
so much for that.

*******




Christmas was WONDERFUL!!

I just discovered that I CAN post pictures, but still cannot change my header picture.

 So without further adieu......ladies and gentlemen....... our Christmas...

Christmas Eve morning we spent in the kitchen cooking for my dad's house/Christmas day.
I love when we do that. 
We put on Christmas music or play movies that have Christmas or cooking in them. 

This year we watched some of my favorite movies of all time:

You've Got Mail
Julie and Julia
Under The Tuscan Sun
The Santa Clause


#3 on Christmas Eve


 after opening their Christmas PJs on Christmas Eve



It is THEIR tradition to all sleep together in the same bed on Christmas Eve.
It started many years ago, back when #3 was still a toddler. 
They all still want to wedge themselves into a full size bed. 
I used to love knowing that they were all up there together listening and anticipating Santa Clause visiting and waking up to Christmas morning. 

On Christmas morning,
it is their dad's tradition to cook sausage biscuits outside
on the grill. 



This is Christmas morning...





 Lola was ready to open presents....


because she knew she was getting this fancy dress coat!  


Here is Art (in his Christmas jammies) putting Charlie's new Barbour coat on.



Charlie thought it was a straight jacket and wouldn't move once it was on. 




#1 with her Ewok vest.



Watch the mess grow....








Christmas afternoon we headed to my dad's house.
He was still recovering from shoulder surgery so we kept it low key there.
It was the first day that he was able to remove his sling, dressing and take a shower  
and it was so nice having #1, the almost nurse there to do all of that.  

We headed to the beach  the day after Christmas and spent New Year's there. 
It was mild enough and we were able to spend time on the beach
(with jeans and sweatshirts).

This past week was my first week with my house back to "normal".
#1 was the last to go back to school and her first day of class was Tuesday.  
We have had an unusual and quiet weekend.

It takes some getting used to....


4 comments:

Lil Miss Red T-Shirt said...

Great Christmas pics. Reminds me of our family with the fireplace, the poodle, and cooking. :)

Never gotten the header image error.

Love Being A Nonny said...

I don't know how I missed this post! Came over to check on you...Looks like yall had a great Christmas!

MCW said...

I don't ever change my header so I would be of no help.

Christmas looks wonderful. Less than a year until next Christmas!

Carrie B said...

I JUST had the same issue! Oh it was so frustrating! I didn't know this even was a possibility!
I too went thrugh the whole blogger help thing and found nothing very helpful.
In the end I found where you purchase more space for $5.00 and then it takes a good few days for it to take effect.
I'm all good now but because I downloaded picasa albums to "fix" it now I have it on my computer and it interfers with the easy mindless upload. Son don't download picasa if you don't already have it.
Buy more space and be patient until it works.
Good luck