Jul 20, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA



Yesterday was my dad's 71st birthday. 
I am sure his heart was a little heavy yesterday seeing 
that this was the first birthday in 55 years that my mom wasn't there to celebrate with him. 
For his 70th birthday last year my entire family came to 
Raleigh and we took him out to eat. 



He has always been a strong man and this year I think even he is surprised by his strength. 

He is a kid at heart.
Kids away look forward to him entertaining them at family get togethers.
One year he taught them all how to play poker and they held a tournament in the garage
and used candy as poker chips. 
He supplied all of the hats. 





I am praying that he has many healthy fun years ahead of him. 
I know my mother wouldn't want any other way. 



2 comments:

MCW said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad!
PS - that picture of Charlie and Lola with the leaves is hysterical. You must have your hands full!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I know you will try to make your dad's birthday as special as you can.He is blessed to have you for a daughter. Your mom would be so very proud.