Sep 10, 2017

Paris Part Un




     I am really gonna do it this time, get this blog thing going again!  Bad habits are so hard for me to break and I consider not taking the time to scrapbook, document my family, organize my photos, blog and so on a bad habit. 

     Planning Brittany's wedding last fall became a full time job for me and I pretty much did nothing else and became uninterested in everything else. Now I feel very overwhelmed and am not sure where to begin here and I guess that is why it has taken me so long to begin again. I am just going to have to do it. I am working on and am going to post every bit of wedding prep and Brittany's wedding weekend. It was FANTASTIC! Oh my goodness - there are so many photos to sort through and how in the world do I pick just a few to post of each event? 

      Well, lesson learned, it is time to catch up! I am starting with a look at our summer. Speaking of summer - I am still in denial that it is all but O.V.E.R.! My flower pots all still look good and make me so happy and I still love sitting by the pool with Art when he gets home for work 

     So, without further ado, Summer 2017 Paris:

 Barrett, hubs and I took a short trip to Paris in July.  We didn't even plan it until the first of June and went without an itinerary, which is totally not my style. Our plan was just to walk the different neighborhoods of Paris, see all of the main sites and sit at a lot of cafes, especially the ones where the locals were sitting. Paris is a direct flight from our airport so the flight there and back was sooo easy. We landed in Paris early morning and by the time we went through customs and took a taxi to our hotel, we were ready for our first cafe experience and in BIG need of coffee, some people watching and authentic french croissants. 






     We stayed in the Latin Quarter on Boulevard Saint Michel  just a few blocks from Notre Dame.  After dropping off our luggage at our hotel (we couldn't check in for a few more hours), we headed towards Notre Dame. looking for the best spot for us to just sit and get acclimated.  We sat at a cafe for about an hour and just took in the sites and sounds of Paris.






















(notre dame)





     We decided to take a bus tour - one of those hop on hop off tours. Since Art and I had never been to Paris and our time was very limited, we thought that would be a good way to see everything quickly and we'd know where we would want to go back the next few days.  It actually was a great decision.  We saw everything and got off the bus at the Eiffel Tower and at Avenue des Champs Elysees. The bus even went by our hotel and we were able to hop off, check in, wash up and change our clothes and then we headed out again. 
































































our hotel
The obviously need to call someone about their sign!



view from our balcony (right)



view from our balcony (left)


     Our first night we were really feeling our lack of sleep and so instead of dinner somewhere, we "cafe hopped" by our hotel and ordered cheese and charcuterie plates and did a little french wine tasting.  Barrett became our map guru and picked out our route that night. (She's good and she's  for hire!)











     We were so exhausted after dinner, we headed to our hotel and definitely slept like rocks that night!  The next two days we walked all over Paris and tried to work off and earn all of the cheese and bread we were eating.

     ******************

I am so glad to finally break through my blog block (aka laziness) and get this posted. I have too many pictures of Paris to put on one post so I already have the next one ready to post in the next few days.  When I started this post, we were watching Irma and planning for it to hit North Carolina. The models had it hitting our beach house AND our home in Raleigh.  We had a very busy weekend planned before Irma shifted and is missing us.  I am so thankful, even though I know others are in her path. We flooded at the beach during hurricane Matthew last year and lost the contents of our downstairs.  This year we've replace all of our lawn equipment, furniture,  a refrigerator
 and our golf cart.  None of those things were covered by insurance.  I am not complaining because we could live without all of those things and we were not in danger when the flooding happened.  I just know the heartbreak, devastation and all of the work that is involved with water damage.
     I just hope that this is the last of the storms this season and that recovery is quick.





































5 comments:

Kiki Nakita said...

Lisa,

Looks like you had a lovely trip away. I haven't been back to Paris since my senior year art trip, so I'm excited to see the rest of your trip.

Hope your home on the coast will be okay, looks like we may be okay inland.

~Kiki~


Love Being A Nonny said...

Loved this post! I have never been to Paris but would LOVE to! So glad you are back blogging!!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Finally back home at catching up. I was stopped in my scroll by that cheese! I have never seen a slice of Brie (at least that's what it looks like) that looks so delicious.

Joyce said...

I need a trip to Paris. That's all : )

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Your food pics are making me hungry and I just finished breakfast. Great photos!