Jan 22, 2015

Barrett is Eighteen Today




There hasn't been a lot going on around here. I have been trying to catch up on some projects inside our house, but I honestly haven't been that motivated.  We had two icy days last week which resulted in two hour delays for Barrett. I don't know about you, but we love our school delays! Barrett will usually get up at her regular time and come downstairs and get in bed with me after Art leaves for work. We drink coffee/tea and watch the news. Those are the BEST mornings!  

We have a full weekend planned.  Barrett turned 18 today and we are celebrating tomorrow night. Both sisters will be home this weekend (happy dance)! This morning I surprised Barrett with a new dress to wear to school today.  I picked out her entire outfit  (jewelry, scarf, boots) and layer it all together with a little note so when she walked into her closet to get dressed she saw it. I got major mom points for that!  

Just thought I'd share some pictures. 

I just find it so hard to believe that this pretty girl....




.....was this sweet little baby.  Too cute!!






















































6 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

Happy Birthday sweet Barrett!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Those eyes!!! Happy bday to your gorgeous Barrett!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Happy birthday to the pretty girl! Love the photos through the years. Enjoy your birthday celebration :-)

cathy @ connecticuthousewifeblog.com said...

From an adorable baby to a lovely youg lady. Time sure does fly!

dee said...

She is stunning! Happy birthday to Barrett!

Tami said...

Beautiful girl from baby to 18! Happy birthday to your sweet girl!