1. Mr. Bubbles enjoys his sleep.
2. Barrett baked a cake for her friend's surprise birthday party.
We didn't get to taste it here at home.
It WAS a pistachio cake with some kind of awesome frosting.
3. Can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that prom is just around the corner and it is time to start thinking about that prom dress. We've ordered two dresses online and unfortunately Barrett loves both of them. She is having a difficult time making a decision.
4. I moved my spice cabinet from above my cooktop to the lower cabinet beside it. I bought some clear organizational bins and divided my spices up by category.
As I was in the middle of doing this task, I turned around to get one of my bins and found this...
5. We drink a lot of hot tea in the Odom house.
Mr. ManaTEA gets plenty of exercise.
6. Barrett's high school soccer team plays indoor soccer in the winter to get ready for the spring season. Their games are on either Saturday or Monday at 10:00 PM! This is her getting ready to leave on Monday night.
Do you know how hard it is to leave the house on an extremely cold Monday night to go play soccer?
7. One of my favorite things to make for dinner in the winter is a chicken pie recipe that was in Brooke's Thanksgiving Cookbook from kindergarten.
It seriously is the best recipe.
I think it is the buttermilk that makes it so good.
We've adapted it and experimented with the recipe by adding peas and carrots sometimes, by in the end the original recipe never fails.
8. I forgot to post this picture on Barrett's birthday post.
I replaced her already picked out birthday outfit, that was hanging in her closet, with a new dress and jewlery and this little note.
I thought it was a great way to start her day.
She woke up to a brand new dress to wear to school on her birthday.
9, Brittany (NICU nurse) is working tonight. She never texts us while she is at work, but tonight she did.
Since she is a new nurse she is still experienceing new things. She was in the process of admitting a baby that was delivered tonight at just 25 weeks gestation. I looked it up, this baby is the size of a dollar bill. I am keeping Britt in my prayers tonight and especially keeping that baby and the parents in my prayers.
10. I am sickened by the news tonight.
I am ready for someone to stand up to it.
Why aren't we?